The district’s decision-making on whether or not to delay or close school during inclement weather such as a snowstorm is based on three guiding principles: Are roads passable? Can buses travel safely along those roadways? Can the school campuses and buildings be cleared for appropriate student access, including safe and optimum ingress and egress into the buildings. The superintendent consults with the district facilities director, the City of Glen Cove and the bus company before making a final determination. A decision was made at approximately 5 a.m. following these discussions, after all three factors were deemed favorable to open school and while monitoring multiple forecasts. Since that time, the weather in Glen Cove has worsened, and as a result, most afterschool activities have been cancelled.