2017-2018 Pre-Kindergarten Registration
Registration dates for Pre-K begins on March 13, 2017. Parents may call for a registration appointment beginning on February 1, 2017.
All incoming students who will be attending school in the Glen Cove School District must register at the Office of Central Registration located at
Thayer House, 154 Dosoris Lane, Glen Cove, NY 11542.
After you have completed the registration packet, please call (516) 801-7001 to schedule an appointment.
* To enter kindergarten, children must be five years old on or before December 1 of the school year.
* Students must reside within the geographic boundaries of our school district.
Before a student may be enrolled, the following entrance requirements must be met.
Parents/guardians must bring the following information with them at the time of registration:
1. Proof of your child's age.
Ways to show a child's age
* Certified Birth Certificate (from any country)
* Baptismal record (from any country)
* A Passport (from any country)
If you don't have a Birth Certificate, baptismal record or passport, you can use other documents if you've had them for at least two years, such as:
* Driver's license
*State or governmental ID
*School photo ID with date of birth
* Consulate ID Card
* Hospital or health records
* Military dependent ID card
* Other documents from federal/state/local agencies (examples: Department of Social Services, Office of Refugee Resettlement)
* Court Orders
* Native American tribal document
* Records from international aid agencies or voluntary agencies
2. Your own Photo ID such as a driver's license or passport.
3. A record from physician with all inoculations listed with a doctor's signature so stamp.
For current immunization requirements, please select this link: http://www.health.ny.gov/publications/2370.pdf)
4. Proof of residency.
Ways you can show residency:
* Lease or deed
* Affidavit from the person you pay rent to, saying you live there
* Affidavit from a third party saying you live there
* A letter from the person you pay rent to saying you live there
* A letter from another person saying you live at your address
If you don't have any of the above, you may use the following:
* Pay stub showing your address
* Income tax form that shows your address
* Utility bill or other bill in your name
* Membership documents based on residency, such as a local library card
* Voter registration card
* Driver's license, or permit, or non-driver ID
* State or other government issue ID
* Documents from government agencies such as a social service agency or the federal Office of Refugee Resettlement
* Custody or guardianship papers
5. Proof of custody or guardianship
an affidavit (Parent or Guardian) saying that you have "total and permanent custody and control" over the child
other proof such as documentation that the child has been placed with a sponsor by a federal agency
Guide to Understanding the New Rules for School Registration
Guía para Comprender las Reglas Nuevas para el Registro de la Escuela
Falsification of residency documentation will result in exclusion from the Glen Cove School District and financial liability for appropriated tuition costs.
Registration Packet with Health Forms (English Version) (Spanish Version)
Landlord Affidavit (English Version) (Spanish Version)
Third Party Affidavit (English Version) (Spanish Version)
Other forms if necessary
Custodial Affidavits (English Version) (Spanish Version)
Change of Address Form (English Version) (Spanish Version)